Monday, February 18, 2013

The Year of Snake and greetings in Cantonese

I know it's one week late... but Happy Chinese New Year! ^^ Last weekend I went to Chinese New Year celebration which was held in Helsinki. Well.... I can't say I was very exited about it because last year I was spending the real Chinese New Year in HK with great fireworks, holiday, fire dragon dances, normal dragon and lion dances etc with the real delicious foods and red pockets :D
But I think it was still very nice that even Finland has the celebration organized every year. It was very cold and snowy though.
I Just Miss Hong Kong so much... I'm not anymore sure if it's good idea to travel or at least live aboard... well it gives so much great experiences and lovely new friends, but in the other hand it leaves so big empty hole in your heart when you need to leave. Every time I think about HK or see some pictures I can't describe the feeling of longing which inside me. Same goes with Japan. There is some physical pain I can feel when I think about those places, the pain of longing is crazy! T_T
Anyway few things I miss most in HK are all the lovely friends I made there, all the endless adventures we experienced by taking trains every weekend to random places and go around photographing, Wanchai nights, all the people speaking loudly Cantonese, smell of smelly tofu attacking my nose in many random corners, egg tarts&bubble tea, the fact when I step out of my door there are million people around me, the feel of the lively life, neon lights, dirty old houses, shopping street near my school..... and so on, I could keep on this list!

Anyway my Chinese New Year promise is to spend next Chinese New Year in Hong Kong!!!!!!!!!!!

Well,i made small Video where I say Thank you about my one great year I spent in Hong Kong in Cantonese! Haha, sorry my pronunciation is so bad but I tried xD....

25 comments:

  1. Rakkaus video!! Siun äänikin muuttuu ko puhut aasialaista <3 ;) <3 Hyvä Kata! Näitä lisää O_O <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaa, mut en osaa puhuu muuta ku ton mitä sanoin :D

      Delete
  2. eventhough i did not understand anything i think you sound really cute and elegant ^_^ Cong Hei Fat Choi (not sure if im right lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you ^^ And that's correct way to say it :)

      Delete
  3. Yay come back to Hong Kong sweetie !

    ReplyDelete
  4. such amazing photos!! loving the snow in the first ones (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Gong Hai Fat Choi, Sun Tai Geen Hong ;)

    I'm so jealous you were able to spend CNY in Hong Kong last year. That's on my bucket list, I've been there a twice before but never during the celebrations. I was there last July for Independence Day but that hardly counts as anything >_<

    http://sushiibear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you know many Chinese greetings! ^^ Hopefully you will have chance to experience the CNY in HK next time! ^^

      Delete
    2. That's because I'm Chinese and I speak Cantonese with my parents at home XD

      Yeah, I hope so! I've always wanted to experience the New Year in Hong Kong and/or Japan :D

      http://sushiibear.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. oh it's great that you can speak both of the languages! ^^ I wish I could too! Where in China do you live? I think new year is more interesting in HK than in Japan, because in Japan it's quite peaceful celebration without fireworks and stuff like that. But well it still has it's own feeling :)

      Delete
    4. I actually speak three languages XD

      I was born and raised in Canada, but my mom is from Guangzhou and my dad is from Hong Kong. That's probably true, Chinese people are way louder than Japanese people as I know from experience ;)

      http://sushiibear.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. i tagged u in an award here: http://amz88.blogspot.com/2013/02/fun-tag-liebster-award-2-who-i-am.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful pix! I am super jelly that you got to spend Chinese New Year in Hong Kong! I've always wanted to return home for this holiday! Its super festive there while here in USA it's a bit... boring. haha nonetheless, love the photos ^_^

    www.mishialamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to see the CNY party in Hongkong one day as well! I know what you mean. Hongkong is my favorite city when it comes to travelling. To me, your Cantonese sounds great! Too bad I don't understand *-*. I just know some Mandarin.

    xoxo
    ♥Sunny♥ von STYLESPHERE

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...