Friday, December 17, 2010

So HarD to DreSS up,, But REaLLy BeautiFuLL KiMoNo & YuKaTa

I was just seeing the old picures in my pc... when i found the pictures took in Kyoto. I've visited Kyoto twice in my life. Once in the summer of 2006. And once last summer. In the small old japanese styled streets, which reminds of the movie memories of a geisha super much, you can see real Maikos or Geishas walking in the night. They really look like unhuman, like some fairytale characters walking in their beautiful kimonos super high shoes and white make up. When i went to Kyoto for a first time I wanted to make a sure that I will see some Geisha. Because perhaps all the ppl are not lucky to run in to some. That's why I went to Gion corner, it's a theater which presents 1-hour shows of seven traditional performing arts of Kyoto, including the Kyogen classical comedy, Kyomai dance, Gagaku Imperial Court music, koto (Japanese harp) , flower arrangement, and Tea ceremony. And since explanations are given in English, it is popular among foreign tourists.Here is a pictures of Maiko dancing.




I was lucky enough to see three geisha walking in the streets of Gion area in Kyoto.


Then last summer during Kyoto visit I saw one Geisha in a small shrines garden. Maybe photographer was taking pictures of her for postcards.. who knows. But in Kyoto you can buy many postcards with Geishas on the temples gardens.... Just like her. so i think so xD

I just love the Kimonos those are just gorgeous. Really beautiful clothes, but uncomfortable too. it's really difficult to walk and breathe with those.  I've wore two Kimonos in my life, first one while I was staying with japanese host family for a two weeks. The family had the weird religion, they were having these praying ceremonies 3 times a day, which included dancing and singing. (with really old japanese traditional music) then the house i was satying for with my sister, was like the main temple for that religion. Once a month there is held a big party, where many ppl coming from Nara, and other places take a part too. In the party the ppl pray together and have a delicious dinner. I've forgotten the name of that religion, but it was not any weird one, we got some english information about it as soon as we moved in, so we didn't feel uncomfortable with it. The family was super lovely and sweet. Anyway, for that reason they had so many Kimonos in their house.
Wearing Kimono first time



Next time i was wearing Kimono was when I turned 20. I was in Sapporo that time. And wore Frisode. The Kimono which is for unmarried woman. Japanese girls wear it in january in the coming of age day when they turn 20. It's a pretty hard process to wear a Kimono.... Took so much time,, almost like an hour... Also,,When ou are wearing Kimono, there own't be any shape in your body. Thats why the Kimono will be made the size of the biggest part in your body. For example as a western girl, I had to have so many towels or some fabrics under the Kimono making all the shape of my body to be hidden.

My friend tied my hair and put the huge accessory in.
Then we went to photo studio to take some pictures. That time i couldnt speak japanese so it was quite confusing.

I have two Yukata I've bought in Japan. my first own Yukata for the first hanabi (firework festival) I've never been in to was bought from the pretty cheap shop called Honeys. I bought it as a set of obi, yukata and shoes and it costed like 40 euro. FIrst firework festival was held in Tamagawa river. I went there with my japanese high school friends, (That time I was high school student too)

Then I bought my second Yukata for last summers Hanabi. I thought I wanna have some more colourful one than black, so I bought the Pink one from Studio Alta. It was way more expensive.... like 100 euro.


 Also sometimes in the temples it's possible to see japanese traditional wedding, or super cute kids with kimonos. These pictures taken in Meiji shrine Harajuku.



2 comments:

  1. So lucky that you have seen geisha! They are really like from a fairytale. So different and pretty... wonderful.

    You look pretty in your kimono!

    Your second Yukata is the prettiest! Looks so lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...